Saturday, September 18, 2010

Worship dethroning god (little "g")

I was struck by the Lord to see worship from His perspective.  As I looked back at Genesis 3 I read this section from "The Lie", "For God knows that in the day you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil."  One of the declarations we made as a group of 20 men at "Men at the Cross" is that we are not God and we are not in control.  See all of us believe that we are "God" at some level, that we need to run our own worlds, that our view of life, ourselves, and others is right, and that for me to be in control is the only way.  I will admit to you that I love and hate worship.  I know hate is a strong word but I never understood the resistance inside of my heart to fully enter into worship.  Worship exposes the deep places in us where we want to be "god", thus we want to be worshipped.  This was the first rebels (Satan) problem and at some level it is still our problem (because of thinking/believing in our soul).  I understand at a deeper level why worship is a priority in God's heart, to free me from my self-idolatry.  Worship is a direct offense to this "god" mindset inside of us known as the flesh, Jesus is calling me out of this binding lie into the glorious truth of being united to Him.  When we worship the true God, we declare that we are not God, God's Word is true, and that He alone deserves worship.  When we look at God's Word as suspect, then this is indication that we are being influenced by "The Lie" and thus the Liar himself.  It was questioning God's Word that led to questioning God's nature and ultimately to choosing oneself (Adam & Eve) as "god".  It makes sense why the Enemy hates worship of the true Lord, so he has waged an all-out war against worship.  There are many times when churches argue about worship styles, length, and volume.  Also I have seen that worship leaders are often ones who are faced with more temptations, attacks, and issues in their lives because God knows that when we worship Him we come alive.  I pray that God will renew your mind of why worship is a central priority in His Kingdom and must become in our lives if we are going to glorify Him.

Worshipping Our King,
Bret

No comments: